Westheimer's Discovery: "A couple of months in the laboratory can frequently save a couple of hours in the library."
Runyon's Corollary: "A couple of hours on the internet can frequently save a couple of minutes in library."
Use the library (and the science librarian) to:
• keep current with what's going on in your field of interest
• maintain awareness of what's going on in other fields of interest
• find articles and books to document facts
• find out what has been done in an area of interest
• reflect and contemplate
• meet and study with friends and classmates
• experience serendipity
• learn how to use databases and catalogs
• get help finding information
• use our computers, laptops, and printers
• scan a document to email, free!