Back to the Libraries Homepage
Kinnison Music Library
About the Kinnison Music Library
Sanborn Hall, Rm 005 / Phone: 740-368-3715
Named in honor of two OWU graduates (Paul F. (1907) and Lulu Babb (1905) Kinnison), the Kinnison Music Library is a branch of the OWU library system that supports the curriculum of the music department. It was constructed in 1983 during a major renovation of Sanborn hall (home of the music department) and, for the first time, allowed for the consolidation of a variety of collections and facilities.
The music library has grown to a collection of approximately 15,000 items, and is the only music branch within the CONSORT library system. It includes music, books about music, music journals, and recordings (CDs, LP's, and DVD's). The collection focuses mainly on Western art music (“classical” music), but also includes materials about jazz, popular music, and world music. In addition to the collection, the library also has study areas, computer terminals, and a separate audio/visual room. Headphones are available for checkout at the circulation desk.